Friday, August 30, 2013

Flashy senator opens up on romance romours

Updated Thursday, August 29th 2013 at 22:52 GMT +3


By David Odongo
The rumours started swirling in the run-up to the March 4 elections. He was the city’s Jubilee Coalition senatorial candidate, she was the prospective Women Rep Nairobi senator. Both were successful.
o is there truth in the claims of romance between popular Senator Mike Sonko and Women Rep Rachael Shebesh. No, says the Senator, in a wide-ranging interview with The Nairobian.
 “I love Rachel so much as a good friend, but people just exaggerate things. I haven’t slept with her. I don’t know why people want to spoil Rachel’s good name. There is no romantic link between us” says Sonko.
According to online rumour mills, the two politicians are having a not-so-secret affair. It is a question Sonko says he has been confronted with, and is not afraid of responding to. He, however, says that as two key city political leaders and good friends, they are closer than some people expect.
“I can die for Rachel, she is like a sister to me, and she can die for me. Her problems are mine, and my problems are hers. We are friends and nothing can ever come between us. She is a married woman, and I am someone’s husband. So let me be clear that there is nothing at all going on between us,” says the flamboyant politician.
He says people should focus on development and not rumours to spoil the good name of Rachel.
“We are family friends and people should stop speculating  when I am seen with her drinking a soda. She campaigned for me and I campaigned for her. Our families know each other, and I am tired of saying this over and over, there is nothing between us,” Sonko emphasises.

No comments:

Post a Comment