Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oku Kaunya Alive

Nyanza central deputy PC Oku Kaunya, who was on Friday reported to have gone missing, has been found.

Mr Kaunya held a press conference on Saturday morning in Kakamega Town to allay fears of his disappearance.

He said he had been visiting a friend in the town for the past three days and had not gone missing, contrary to reports in the media.

“I want to dispel rumours and media reports that I have gone missing. I am on leave and I went to a place in Vihiga to visit a friend and there was poor mobile phone network that is why I have not been able to communicate with my family,” he said.

His wife, Millicent Kaunya, had on Friday recorded a statement at Kisumu police station saying she could not trace her husband, who had earlier on told her that his life was in danger.

Mr Kaunya confirmed that he had received death threats and reported it to the police who were now conducting investigations.

“I am safe and available and people should not worry about my security. It is true that I have received death threats but that is now with the police to investigate. I have been given extra security and now am comfortable,” he said.

PC Francis Mutie also confirmed that Mr Kaunya was on leave and was set to resume duty before the end of March.

“He asked for 15 days leave as from February 23 but later countersigned and changed it to 30 days leave,” the PC said at a press conference in Kisumu.

No comments:

Post a Comment