Tuesday, March 30, 2010

KALONZO IS SCARED OF NGUMBAU

Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka on Monday launched one of his most scathing attacks against Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

Mr Musyoka said the PM’s brand of politics had no place in present-day Kenya.

The VP told the PM to be prepared for more shocks because once the new constitution was passed his office would be “null and void”.

Speaking in Machakos, barely two weeks after Mr Odinga toured the area, Mr Musyoka announced that he had started his 2012 presidential campaign and his first mission would be to liberate the people of Nyanza Province, the home region of Mr Odinga.

His enemies, Mr Musyoka said, had mistaken his “cool” nature for cowardice.

“Raila comes to Ukambani and they call him Ngumbau (hero); he goes to Central Province and Meru and they call him Njamba (champion); people attending his rallies are given T-shirts bearing his portraits ... is this not early 2012 campaigns?” the VP asked amid cheers.

“When Kalonzo goes round, he is quickly accused of early campaigns. I’m not a coward and I am declaring now that I have started the race, I’m prepared for it.”

“I am going to Nyanza. It will be my first stop. The people there need to be liberated from political and socio-economic bondage that has bedevilled them for so long. I will be their saviour,” Mr Musyoka said.

He told Kenyans not to trust Raila with the presidency.

Revisiting the PM’s Machakos rally, the VP took issue with Mr Odinga for using his forum to throw scorn at him.

“We were told it was a development meeting but the forum used leaders from Ukambani to try to humiliate me in front of my people.”

During the Mulu Mutisya Gardens rally, former Kibwezi MP and The Independent Party of Kenya (Tip) leader Kalembe Ndile and ODM-K vice-chair Peris Tobiko criticised Mr Musyoka.

Yatta MP Charles Kilonzo suggested that Water and Irrigation minister Charity Ngilu was qualified to be a Kamba spokesman.

But on Monday Mr Musyoka said he was not interested in becoming a tribal chief.

“I’m aiming high and the presidency is my next stop”.

No comments:

Post a Comment